Our client, a fast growing Saas/payments startup in the beauty and wellness tech space, is looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Data Engineering to join their US team. This candidate can sit remotely, preferable in ET/CT hours.
- 5+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools.
- Experience building and scaling a company's data engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are "builders" and "scalers" with experience building successful data engineering organizations at quickly growing startups.
- Proven track record of being able to synthesize and derive a clear and prioritized roadmap based on a large number of business needs and requirements
- Experience leading teams; the ability to manage processes and the flow of work in a complex environment; the ability to regularly improve processes
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Data driven approach to development process. Ability to prioritize and focus development efforts on key areas (based on metrics)
- You have a proven track record of building and managing successful data engineering teams
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $180,000 - 230,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
In this role, you will:
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across GlossGenius
- Build and maintain roadmap and long-term vision for GlossGenius's people, process, and technology around data
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with production engineering teams to manage our data structures as the Stripe product evolves
- Develop and take ownership of our data lake, warehouse, related data pipelines, and comprehensive reporting dashboards to empower data access and self-service, and to instrument critical business metrics.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and translate business requirements into technical design of building scalable data pipelines.
- Hire, build and lead GlossGenius's Data Engineering organization from the ground up, fostering a data-driven culture and overseeing career development and performance management
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on data at GlossGenius
- Work with the GlossGenius executive team to present updates and roadmap
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Data Center
- Data Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.