We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join a growing team at a Fortune 25 company. This person will be responsible for providing internal clients such as business users with technical assistance, solution architecture, as well as hands on implementation design and coding of said solutions. Please read the job description below and if you feel as though you are a fit, apply today!
location: Carrollton, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This role will be responsible for technical leadership of junior engineers. This role will also be responsible for providing internal clients such as business users with technical assistance, solution architecture, as well as hands on implementation design and coding of said solutions. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in state of the art data management and processing technologies and experienced in applying them to large scale commercial, scientific or industrial applications. The candidate should be comfortable working with cloud and hybrid solutions.
· Works on complex, major or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead.
· Works on projects that may span a broad range of technologies.
· Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
· Participates in project planning processes.
· Identifies project tasks and leads or assists with project timeline estimations.
· Works with other team members and business stakeholders to drive development of business analytics requirements.
· Leverages understanding of business data domain and detailed knowledge of underlying data sources.
· Translates business analytics needs into semantic data access requirements.
· Creates a framework for representing the data elements including the entities, relationships and attributes.
· Recognizes and resolves conflicts between models, ensuring that data models are consistent with the enterprise model (e.g. entity names, relationships and definitions).
· Supports the effort for high level modeling of key program processes and key data entities.
· Ensures integration of the project logical data model into the enterprise conceptual data model.
· Ensures that physical models align with the logical data model.
· Reviews and approves the logical data models.
· Ensures consistent and stable delta processing for data loads
· Works with Delivery Management team to understand potential impacts to physical/virtual infrastructure and assists with remediation planning
· Develops technical design of complex data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic.
· Works with Information Delivery team to determine data sourcing options and recommend implementation approach.
· Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to develop data transformation and aggregation logic, typically working with and/or leading a small team.
· Ensures consistent and stable delta processing for data loads.
· Works with others to determine analytics data consumption alternatives and recommend optimal approach based on analytics requirements.
· Verifies that data access mechanisms satisfy analytics consumption needs (may include testing various approaches).
· Transfers knowledge of data access/consumption mechanisms to business stakeholders, data visualization specialists and/or data scientists.
· Defines, documents, and maintains all data definitions, data sources, business meaning and usage of information.
· Researches internal and external data sources for new data and better sources of data feeds.
· Identifies and validates opportunities to share/reuse existing data/information.
· Promotes the principles of data resource management and data sharing, reuse of databases and single source data strategy.
· Consulted in requests for specialized master data.
· Leverages master data as needed by business processes.
· Supports activities to prepare existing metadata for mapping and loading into metadata repository.
· Consults Delivery Management team on batch/bulk data load scheduling to optimize performance
· Works with stakeholders to gather requirements on merging, de-duping, cleansing rules.
· Ensures that data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms.
· Oversees the design and implementation of data cleansing procedures.
· Leads the identification of areas affecting data integrity and coordinates corrective actions.
· Develops solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity issues.
· Analyzes data issues and works with development teams for problem resolutions.
· Identifies problematic areas and conducts research to determine the best course of action to correct the data, identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex datasets.
· May provide technical direction and oversee testing of business analytics solutions.
· May provide technical leadership for the definition and development of test plans and system documentation.
· Conducts unit testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
· Assigned performance tickets and may proactively analyze existing data platform to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements, upgrades or replacement.
· Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
· Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
· Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.