job summary: 100 % Remote for CST, EST, or MST timezones
The UI Design Manager is experienced in the automotive industry and enjoys continuously pushing the boundaries of digital interface design, brand and UX - from GUI all the way through purposeful motion design and prototyping. Searching for what's beyond the latest trends and keeping an eye on what's happening in the design universe is a natural habit. They have a holistic and systemic, yet humanistic, view.
Along with design skills, there comes great joy from working with a team and enhancing everybody's mindset and skills. The UI Design Manager specifically mentors the team-leading staff and making sure they don't get stuck in a daily routine, always pushing to bend the scope and frame towards innovation and client satisfaction. The UI Design Manager sets the example in holding an open-mind, constant learning, and productively engaging others throughout the design process.
This role enjoys presenting to clients, discussing the client's input, and working on solutions to achieve optimally tailored results. The UI Design Manager has a profound understanding of the needs and constraints of all audiences in the design process, and is capable in navigating collaboration and communication in complex corporate environments.
The goal and focus is not only to deliver user experiences of highest visual and technical quality, but also to always think and act one step ahead, bringing the team along with. The UI Design Manager knows that to stay successful, boundaries have to be pushed and expectations have to be constantly exceeded.
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Your essential tasks are:
- Create outstanding user experiences in a team lead, mentoring and/or oversight role
- Being accountable for and supervising multiple projects and teams
- Quality assurance and communication (external and internal)
- Push the boundaries of UI design and unite all design disciplines (UX, UI, motion and 3D) to one coherent, convincing output with a focus on UI design (visual brand DNA)
- Continuously integrate prototyping into the UI design work streams
- Be a mentor to the team and represent innovation and quality
- Develop a strong relationship with our client(s), consult and guide them
- Define and foster a team culture
- Introduce methodologies and ideation strategies especially in early project phases
- Continuously improve quality and efficiency on project, client and department level to achieve operational excellence
- Support the team in successfully converting design proposals into real time computing environments
- Lead client facing workshops, meetings and presentations
- Synchronize, align with and support entities/divisions and
- Present company capabilities to new clients and generate new business with existing clients
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- UI/UX (5 years of experience is required)
- UI (10 years of experience is required)
- Automotive (1 year of experience is required)
- Human machine Interface (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.