Our client, an ultra-rapidly growing company on a mission to disrupt the beauty and wellness technology space, is looking for a Head of DevOps Engineering to join their US team. They make powerful software that's helping beauty and wellness salons and studios manage and grow their businesses through an integrated booking, payments and marketing platform. They're backed by top investors including Sequioa and Bessemer and are looking to build out their engineering team significantly. Your Experience
- You have 8+ years of experience in engineering, with a strong background in infrastructure, DevOps and SRE at a high-growth startup
- Experience building and scaling a company's DevOps or infrastructure engineering team and organization, processes and technology from scratch. We strongly prefer people who are "builders" and "scalers" with experience building successful engineering organizations at quickly growing startups.
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams, and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction.
- Experience leading teams; the ability to manage processes and the flow of work in a complex environment; the ability to regularly improve processes
- You are a great communicator with the passion and energy to share the vision of GlossGenius' data organization to the rest of the business.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects in spite of incomplete or inaccurate data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with engineers, product and leaders
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $180,000 - 220,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
In this role, you will:
- Lead, grow and inspire the cloud infrastructure engineering teams, while building strong ownership and accountability within the team and management layer as the business and product complexity grows at rapid pace
- Lead a team of engineers that design and develop scalable infrastructure and software tooling solutions across the entire GlossGenius platform
- Promote CI/CD/monitoring/alerting standardization across multiple development teams and application services
- Build long term technical and team strategies that align with GlossGenius' strategic plan and influences the overall company direction. You will own the long term technical vision and roadmap.
- Migrate all of our infrastructure and applications over from Heroku to AWS and set up best-in-class supporting systems (e.g., deployment, monitoring, alerting, logging, etc.)
- Drive the infrastructural-level migration to service-oriented architecture from various monolithic services.
- Build best-in-class CI/CD pipelines and workflows across our back-end, web and mobile applications.
- Develop process and team to support round-the-clock support and maintenance of the GlossGenius platform.
- Build and develop engineering teams while challenging and motivating team to accomplish significant deliverables with tight deadlines.
- Oversee application and infrastructure architecture to ensure operational and development security best practices are being embedded in the foundation of the way GlossGenius delivers its products and services.
- Drive adoption and a culture of security champions using your influence to drive practical solutions and implementations in a complex and diverse application and product stack.
- Forge strong partnerships with leaders across the company and use your influence to ensure mainstream adoption for current and future state products.
- Grow the team by working with recruiting to identify and hire excellent engineering and leadership talent.
- Drive engineering excellence by evangelizing best DevOps, SRE, and production engineering practices.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.