Sr. Forecasting Analyst
Seeking a Sr. Forecaasting Analyst to join our growing team!
We think perfect spreadsheets and balanced books are beautiful. Our team embraces the crucial nature of our work and digs into the details to sleuth out correct data. We work on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. We make it happen and we grow--ourselves and our company.
location: PORTLAND, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are looking for a Senior Forecasting Analyst to join our team. You'll focus on complex problem solving and building predictive models, as well as ad-hoc analysis to support key business decisions and inform top line revenue projections. You must be able to use your quantitative skills to break down large data sets and identify underlying trends and business drivers. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
You'll need to know your way around excel, have experience in statistics, have an aptitude for relational databases as well as a solid helping of common/business sense and financial acumen. As important as your analytical skills, your ability to synthesize large data sets into digestible information will be key. This will be a fast-paced role with ample opportunity to interact with many functions of the company. What you'll do
We work on short and long-term forecasting and planning to predict and explain business performance. We make it happen and we grow--ourselves and our company.
Skills you'll need
- Compile, analyze, and evaluate data to inform financial revenue projections and support an aggressive growth strategy
- Develop strong partnerships between data engineering, finance and other business functions.
- Communicate your findings effectively and follow through to help drive improvements
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, finance, economics, etc.
- 3-5 years in business analytics
- Highly advanced Excel experience (lookups, logic functions, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical/econometric modeling.
- Experience working with relationship databases using SQL.
- Familiarity with programming languages and the ability to understand customized code for meaningful data analysis and modeling is a plus (Python, R, etc).
- Exposure to machine learning methods is a plus.
- strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage numerous assignments, identify priorities, and exercise good judgment
- strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis (5 years of experience is required)
- Data Analysis (2 years of experience is required)
- Excel (2 years of experience is required)
- SQL (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.