Randstad. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Moving them forward. human forward.
Our clients' team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Let's talk about the role. Location:
Norfolk, VA 23551 Remote Capabilities:
None Clearance Required:
Secret Type of Role:
Systems Engineer III (Oracle Security)
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH).
- Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 6 years of relevant experience or 9 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in Linux and HP-UX Server Administrations.
- Solid knowledge of Linux Networking concepts
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with applying patches to implement functionality or address security concerns.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $53.15 - 63.15 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of Linux and UNIX Servers in test, stage and production environments hosting multiple Oracle databases.
- Apply DISA STIG compliance controls to secure systems.
- Responsible for daily system monitoring, security, server health, resources and log management of all Linux and UNIX systems.
- Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting any and all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, hardware, and user access.
- Work closely with Oracle Database Administrators (DBAs) group.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.