The programming/scripting language they use most would be C#, but some teams do use Java (C# is our focus for most reqs). A plus for some other teams would be work with Angular or some cloud technologies like Docker or Kubernetes.
MUST - 1-2 years scripting and Development experience Different Development 2 roles include -
C# Java Front end/backend & full stack Nice to have: Angular, DevOps background Cloud experience - Docker or Kubernetes
location: Westlake, Ohio
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Developer is responsible for the overall performance of the product through applying principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software. The Developer ensures timely delivery of high quality software within the release timelines and guidelines. What you will be doing
What will make you successful
- Develop code based on functional specifications and thorough understanding of product code; identify refactoring opportunities and architectural improvements
- Test code to verify it meets the technical specifications and is working as intended, before submitting to code review
- Create and apply automated tests and test principles to software changes, including (but not limited to) unit tests
- Contribute to standards and processes as applicable to software development methodology, including planning, work estimation, solution demos, and reviews
- Complete logic and algorithm design in alignment with established standards
- Perform moderately complex peer code reviews
- Read software requirements and understand impact on design specifications
- Contribute to the implementation of delivery pipeline, including test automation, security, and performance.
- Understand business, application, and coding tasks to make data-driven recommendations for internal process improvements and product documentation
- Provide troubleshooting support for moderately complex production issues or software code issues to ensure the stability of the application
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland's Information Systems Security Policy
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with continuous software delivery
- Experience working in Windows/Linux development environment, working with open source tools/platforms
- Experience with build environments and delivery pipelines
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration tools
- Knowledge of software application testing tools, methodologies, and process framework
- Good oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Good collaboration skills, applied successfully within team as well as with other areas
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage projects to completion with oversight
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good attention to detail
- Driven to learn and stay current professionally
- Passionate, competitive and intellectually curious
- Sharp, fast learner with technology curiosity and aptitude
- Ability to provide technical and constructive feedback to team members
- Up to 10% travel time required
Please note: The job duties and responsibilities of this role are unable to be performed in the State of Colorado at this time. What you can expect next U.S. Benefits
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program. Welcome to #HylandLife
Since 1991, it has been Hyland's mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do - whether it's helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we've grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- DEVELOPER (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Java (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Angular JS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.