Jr. React Software Engineer
Our client in the greater Austin area is seeking a React Software Developer for frontend development modernizing fleet management for the modern retailer in the automotive sector. This candidate will be a frontend engineer who has expertise in the frontend but willing to learn on the job with your peers to help in the backend, who has experience with monolithic to micro front end transformations, and who is excited by solving challenging technical problems.
Our front end software stack is currently being rewritten in React. We manage the application state with Redux and use SWR for data caching. Our primary testing frameworks are Jest and React Test library.
Experience with Ruby on Rails, Go, Python and Java a plus!
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
? Create and maintain highly scalable web applications leveraging modern cloud platforms
? Assist in the development of mid and long-term technical roadmaps, including detailed migration strategies to evolve our applications
? Assist in our transformation from monolithic back-end to a service oriented architecture
? Build amazing UX client-side apps with React and reusable APIs in Ruby on Rails or Go
? Coach and mentor team members on frontend software engineering activities and best practices
? Practice T shaped skills by jumping into other areas of the technology stack
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- React (3 years of experience is required)
- Redux (3 years of experience is required)
- Java (3 years of experience is preferred)
- CSS (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Typescript (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Ruby (3 years of experience is preferred)
- GO (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Python (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Restful API (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.