The Senior Project Manager is responsible for project work typically which has a substantial impact on the corporation / division. Responsible for project planning, project tracking, scope management, change control management, risk management, and quality assurance of the development project team. Develop complex program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Establishes organization-wide project management strategies. Ensures projects are completed according to time and budget schedules, and that objectives conform to division?s overall standards and operations objectives and user requirements. Conducts complex program and project management assessments. Exhibits strong leadership skills and leads project teams. Manages the integration of project management within an organization resulting in culture change. Develops project management training classes and programs. Identifies new business opportunities. Acquires Walgreen product and business process knowledge from domain experts and use the information in every aspect of leading analysis, design and implementation efforts. Specifies requirements, scope level of effort, assess team member strengths and give work assignments with delivery dates in mind. Resolves project conflicts with affected management. Bachelor?s Degree and 8+ years of project management experience. Extensive experience developing project plan including charter, scope, project management approach, management plans, financial forecast and schedule. Creates detailed plans for consulting projects. Extensive experience in working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels. Experience managing project budgets of at least $1M. strong communication skills. Solid problem solving and analysis skills. Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. PMP certification preferred. Experience with multiple project management methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- New financial service Go-To Market experience
-a Sr. PM is acceptable Manages all or some of the work streams of a single project in coordination with Project/Program Lead. Acts as an indirect lead to small teams
- Assists in managing project integration, scope, timeline, and communicates the status, risks and issues associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the projects' outcomes are achieved as defined.
- Conducts risk monitoring and controls during the project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcome.
-Prepares, monitors and updates project information, files, documentation, reports, and related work throughout the project lifecycle, including but not limited to project plan, project charter, scope and project schedules.
-Obtains appropriate level of approval for each project document and/or sub teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
- Facilitates hand-offs across functions within the project.
- Ensures assigned duties and responsibilities/project results are completed with quality and are timely and accurate in nature in order to meet project leadership expectations.
- Tracks progress/activities of team and work products/deliverables utilizing project management software and other standard tools.
- Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
*This position can be fully remote
*Will need to be available for central standard time zone hours
location: DEERFIELD, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Project Manager manages small projects under direction. Applies planning and scheduling techniques (WBS, OBS, CPM). Performs schedule variance analysis. Facilitates plan development. Presents project status to the project team. Develops templates. Develops and documents basic project management processes and procedures. Provides resource (budget) requirement planning. Identifies issues and recommends alternate solutions. Perform small-scale project management needs assessments. Uses client methodologies to develop project plans. Defines project scope and requirements. Ensures quality and timeliness of project results.
-3-5 years Project Management and/or business experience.
-Minimum of 2 years experience with Project Management systems/applications.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
High degree of professionalism and integrity.
Ability to understand and translate business requirements.
Analytical and creative ability for complex problems.
Knowledge of client's environment/needs and ability.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities, procedures or assignments.
Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality.
Capable of gaining a detailed understanding of the system being supported.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.