Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Head of Product for a ful time, remote opportunity. If you are ready to join a leader in the Data and Analytics Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are looking for a product leader with a proven track record of building product management capability. You will...
- Spend the first six months of your time "embedding" with our Customer Success, Support and Engineering teams to meet your colleagues, understand our customer and learn about our product.
Then you will...
- Own the product definition by building and leading a team of Product Managers, Product Owners and UX Designers balancing business requirements, schedules, and feature definition.
- Build a robust Product Management function largely from scratch, incorporating the best tools and methodologies from your past experiences to scale our ability to deliver functionality that delights our customers.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to maximize the impact of development resources, prioritize infrastructure investments, and manage technical debt.
- Manage a product roadmap that provides clarity about the value of the features being delivered and the timing of delivery.
- Clearly communicate priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to customers to executives.
The position would be either a VP- or Director-level position depending on the background of the successful candidate. This job is for you if...
You love software - ideally, specifically, enterprise software that makes work life better.
You are a hands-on product manager - your skills and knowledge are current because you are a practitioner of PM methodologies and have recently been directly contributing on product teams.
You have exposure to development of SaaS-delivered software and knowledge of the major cloud services (AWS, Azure).
You have deep experience and knowledge of enterprise software development lifecycles, including Agile methodologies (we generally use Scrumban here), quality assurance and support.
Current and past colleagues would describe you as an inspiring, humble, empathetic, and compassionate leader. You listen well and you are transparent with your thinking. You can influence without relying on authority.
You are a proactive communicator; you invest in personal connections, and you can vary your communication style according to audience.
You have experience growing a diverse and inclusive team and developing and managing the whole hiring funnel from job posting to closing.
You are a great mentor and coach, and you provide clear guidance. You are not a micro-manager, and you allow your folks and others outside your organization to make mistakes and support them as they learn and adjust.
You are skilled at managing and resolving conflict within your organization and with peer organizations. You thrive in an environment that does not emphasize hierarchy.
You are disciplined with a high attention to detail. You learn things quickly.
You are comfortable with articulating product strategy to a wide audience and being accountable for the product roadmap and detailed priorities in support of a relatively broad customer base (200+ customers).
You have the composure and presence to represent the product team in a variety of scenarios: Company meetings; exec meetings; board meetings; customer and partner presentations; product direction discussions.
You are up for periodic travel (5-10 times per year) to meet with customers and partners, and to also spend time with your team and the company at our annual "meet-up" and get some face-to-face time.
You know how to balance life & work despite the demands of a high-level leadership position.
You want to work with a bunch of smart people that love working together. You want to work at a startup with lots of happy customers and good investors. And you want to play a part in promoting sustainability and a better manufacturing future.
Personal experience working in the process industries would be a major plus.
- Experience level: Director
- Education: Bachelors
- Product Management
- SaaS Products
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.