We have an immediate opening for an entry - mid level Data Center Technician for a client of ours in San Antonio, TX.
If you meet the following qualifications please apply!
- High School Diploma
- Must be able to follow written procedures
- Must have the ability to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development and implementation
- Must have a solid understanding of network infrastructure components and applications
- Must have a solid understanding of host security (passwords, file permissions, file system integrity, security packages) and network security concepts
- Must be able to follow backup/recovery procedures and disaster recovery procedures
- Must have the ability to work with people from various disciplines with varying degrees of technical skills in a professional manner
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude while adapting to quickly changing demands
- Must to be able to work with little to no direct supervision
- Excellent personal computing skills including proficiency with standard office automation software such as MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information for security compliance
- Working knowledge of SAN systems and how they connect and interface with other servers and hardware
- Facilities knowledge: HVAC systems, Power Distribution Units, UPS Systems, etc.
location: SAN ANTONIO, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $19.00 - 19.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Will provide all the necessary support to a business's data center: Perform preventative maintenance on data center according to schedule and ensure effective working of mechanical building systems.
- Maintain all operations systems and perform all emergency functions required for smooth operation.
- Administer all service requests and provide resolutions to achieve required goals.
- Manage and perform all critical and non critical processes and participate in various predictive maintenance programs.
- Documents all records for equipments, prepare time sheets and administer back up equipments at all times.
- Administer all emergency backup and ensure no interruptions in operations for same.
- Analyze equipments and perform repair as per requirement.
- Ensure all work according to local, state and Federal regulations.
- Maintain inventory for equipments keep records of warranty for all tools and equipments.
- Perform basic repair to basic building components.
- Supervise work and maintain comprehensive workflow and ticketing system.
- Guide the junior members in the organization
- Develop standard operation procedures for various operations.
- Manage all reoccurring problems and ensure work within timeframe and according to capacity demands.
- Assist all senior level engineers and perform troubleshoot on all customer issues.
- Computer Equipment systems New Installs (Servers, cables, power, etc.)
- Migrations (Movement of any current hardware. (Servers, cables, power, etc.)
- Maintenance/Upgrade of systems (adding additional components)
- Hardware failures (Diagnose, repair, replace, and escort vendor)
- Removal of old hardware and send out to Reverse LogisticsMaintain/Install Support infrastructure. (Cable trays, PDU's, Air handlers, etc.)
- Documentation of Data Centers and infrastructure
- DCIM installation and up keep
- Document all new systems
- Document removal of all old systems
- Document any changes or modifications
- Stock labelers, tape and other documentation equipment
- Labeling all hardware and cabling in the Data Centers support hardware (HVAC, Conduits, and systems)Organize and perform
- Make sure Safety labeling is done where needed
- Put out safety barriers when neededMaintenance of support services in the Data Centers
- Respond to normal and high severity incidents
- Work with Facilities to do maintenance on service hardware and keep the inspections up to date
- Fly wheel hardware
- Air handling hardware GeneratorsFire suppression hardwareElectrical (PDU & UPS)Lighting HVACChillers
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Center
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Network Security Concepts (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.