Interested in shaping the future of digital healthcare? We're looking for a skilled Senior Server Engineer
(full-stack rails) to join our server team who has in-depth experience building high quality, interactive products using proven web technologies such as Ruby
Our engineering team writes world-class code that makes a significant, lasting impact in people's lives. We are a small, fast-paced, and quality-focused team harnessing our considerable startup experience to build products that empower parents and physicians to receive an earlier diagnosis and treatment of behavioral health conditions, such as Autism. Our technology is eliminating barriers to treatment at a time when interventions can have the greatest impact on a child's brain development and improve life long outcomes.
We serve APIs and web content using Ruby on Rails
. You are expected to be proficient throughout the stack and have profound experience in building APIs, and user interfaces with modern tools like React
. As a group, we try to be thoughtful about the tech we employ and strive to use the right tool for the job. We are passionate about our mission and aim to make the world a better place
. This role provides opportunities for growth, including technical leadership
. You will be expected to procure a comprehensive understanding of all production systems, propose and implement complex cross-platform solutions, and become the technical source of expertise for the server team over time. Qualifications
Nice to have
- At least 5+ years experience developing and deploying web applications in production.
- Profound experience developing and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications.
- Deep understanding of software design and development principles.
- Experience architecting software across multiple platforms (web, mobile, microservices, etc..).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine/Deep Learning techniques.
- Experience building/supporting HIPAA-compliant software.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability to come into the office every so often (once we actually can).
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Build and maintain high-quality APIs and interactive web-based features using clean and efficient Ruby/HTML/CSS/JS code.
- Understand and participate in all stages of our product development lifecycle, from data science to our web, iOS and Android clients.
- Implement industry best practices including quality assurance and compliance standards related to Protected Health Information (HIPAA).
- Assist in solutioning efforts for new features and initiatives.
- Assist in managing server releases through our verification and deployment processes, including compliance documentation.
- Assist product and project management teams to determine scopes, definitions, and timelines around new feature development, upgrades, and bug fixes related to the server and related codebases.
- Providing constructive and timely feedback and mentorship to junior team members.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Ruby (4 years of experience is preferred)
- React (4 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.