job summary: Tell us about your department:
The mobile application team is building and expanding the retail application used by customers to purchase items. It is divided into several team each supporting different parts of the experience. Project Description:
The team features into the mobile app that has a service part that gets data from the various systems available in the ecosystem, aggregates it and gives it to the mobile app where it is shown in a react native component.
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $71 - 81 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
In this role, you will be a critical member of the native mobile application platform. You'll support and extend running features & design and develop new features. You'll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment, which means test-driven development. We are evolving towards a dev ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments. What are the top skills required to perform this job?
- 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
- Developing Spring/Java applications
- Experience with APIs
- Object Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Experience in the use Reactive Java (Reactor)
- Aggressive refactoring
- Experience in the use of containers for deployment (e.g. Docker, Rocket
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.