Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view.
location: Fremont, California
job type: Contract
salary: $48.77 - 53.77 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities include:
- Primary production support for data ETL jobs which are near real-time within the Large Data warehouse applications. Support and maintain processes that aim to improve the availability, scalability, SLA, and efficiency of Core services platform and applications.
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to data, network file delivery, server and application issues independently and provide solutions to recovery. Drive and participate in postmortems to avoid repeated incidents.
- Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Collaborate with the business analysts and ETL development team members to resolve complex data design issues/provide optimal solutions that meet business requirements and benefits system performance.
- Collaborate with channel teams which includes offshore team members, work flexible hours as required to achieve a global follow-the-sun support model.
- Identify and implement operational best practices and process improvements within the following functional areas: Audit, Risk, Change, Event detection, Incident Management, Problem management, Vulnerability Management, Technical Refresh, Tools and Application Support
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary.
- Develop and foster a positive relationship with team members, team leads and business partners.
- Develop and update documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Be willing to work non-standard business hours on an on-call basis in a 24x7x365 environment
- Implement best practices for production environments
- Encourage and participate in knowledge sharing as necessary
- 5+ years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and MapR
- 5+ years of Ab Initio/Informatica experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- 5+ years of Autosys /any scheduling tool experience
- 3+ years of PAC2000/Service Now experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of incident management: gathering impacts and analyzing data
- organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- 3+ years of Teradata experience
- 2+ years of business intelligence experience
- 3+ years of Scripting experience in Perl, Shell or Python
- 2+ years of experience with analysis, data science, data modeling, or business analysis
- Work Schedule Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- Work Schedule Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working hours
- Work Schedule Ability to work on call as assigned
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.