Randstad Technologies is a global IT service and solutions organization. We support our client's technology initiatives and challenges through our projects, consulting, staffing and managed service offerings.
Our client is looking for a Server Engineer. The Server Engineer position is allocated to design, build, set up, troubleshoot & maintain IT servers & storage for all companies within the client.
This is a direct hire position. No third party candidates will be considered.
Candidates must sit on-site in Milwaukee, WI
location: MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Server Engineer position is allocated to design, build, set up, troubleshoot & maintain IT servers & storage for all companies within the client. They are expected to allocate their time as needed for any of those systems. Their responsibilities include participation in server & applied networking. These divisions encompass Servers, Storage Devices, KVM devices, User Accounts, Copper Cabling, Fiber Cabling, Low & High Voltage Wiring.
- Responsible for the new implementation of related systems, replace parts, transport equipment, and make uncommon changes to systems
- Fully operate, install, and troubleshoot all related hardware and software for a system
- Provide documentation and tasks for administrators
- Provide key information and tasks for related policies
- Items can include power, communications, redundancy, security, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Positions require the use of advanced tools to fix issues, replace parts, transport equipment, and make core-level changes to systems.
- Performs other duties as requested or required
- Helpdesk; servers; new systems; new users; cabling; physical security; training; communications; storage; partial vendor access; IT rooms
- The minimum educational requirement for a Server Engineer is a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or an experience equivalent of 8+ years. 'Additional factors of lesser degrees, training and certificates may be counted toward education
Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Hyper-V products, All HP or equivalent products, All standard US Storage devices
- Ability to problem-solve, learn quickly and multi-task
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- strong attention to detail, documentation, and tracking abilities required
- Server Engineers usually spend most of their time in an Office, Datacenter, or IT room with clean, well-lit, and comfortable environments. However, support of general facilities will require the Server Engineer to be flexible in accepting work assignments in support of the overall Client Campus, the needs of tenants, potential tenants, and visitors.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Microsoft Hyper-V Products
- HP products
- US Storage Devices
- KVM Devices
- Low/High Voltage Wiring
- Copper Cabling
- Fiber Cabling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.