job summary: Summary:
- Responsible for the provisioning of any IT development, analysis, Information management (DBA), or QA requiring specialized knowledge of a niche technology.
Skills and Competencies:
- High School Degree and Bachelors degree in computer science/software engineering/relevant field or equivalent work experience required.
- 8+ years experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Knowledge of XML, Java, JSP and other relevant software.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 76 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.