Sr. CloudOps Engineer
Provision, administer and maintain cloud hosted systems in AWS or Azure. Perform installations of product post release based on internal and external (customer) requests. This includes validated and non-validated environments of on premise and cloud environments. Apply software patches and perform software upgrades of both internal and external systems. Ensure SaaS environments are maintained as per the contracted requirement including updates, patches and software upgrades and SLAs are met. Recommend continuous improvements in operations processes and change management.
location: Somerset, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Facilitate creation of certified LabVantage software environments including virtual machines (VMs) for
internal system development needs.
- Internal environments may include client / server windows/ Unix / web application environment.
- Perform installations with IQ / OQ deliverables.
- Use own judgment and initiative in solving problems and performing technical tasks of the highest degree of complexity. Consult with third-party support or internal resources as required.
- Provide testing/ technical guidance to resolve technical challenges encountered during the execution of tasks.
- Ensure that company and departmental requirements are understood and incorporated into the quality assurance process.
- Report defects identified during execution of routine tasks, IQ and OQs.
- Provide training and guidance on technical aspects of products, operating systems and application server environments to improve internal knowledge, development and support of the product.
Job Qualifications Necessary
- Minimum Technical School with AWS Certifications or BS in a scientific discipline with 1-3 years' experience.
- Technologies: J2EE, AWS, Azure, Python
- 1-3 years' experience with relational databases and SQL syntax, Oracle
- 1-3 years' experience with Redhat JBoss, WebSphere and/or WebLogic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Experience with automated testing tools
30% - Perform installations of customer environments.
20% - Apply software patches, maintenance releases or upgrades on SaaS systems.
25% - Respond to issues related to SaaS infrastructure.
25% - Assist in resolving software issues with product, operating system, application server or other 3 rd party software interfaced with product.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.