We're seeking an experienced Information Security Policy Writer to join a critical effort with an enterprise organization. Successful candidates should have proven background with Cyber Security policies and standards as well as highly effective communication skills. Remote work is available for the right candidate. Please contact us today for more information!
location: CANONSBURG, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions, develop action plans, and generate new policy and compliance standards for enterprise consumption.
- Write clear and concise documents, format, edit, review, and proof for technical, non-technical, and executive level audiences
- Documented background in cyber security operations, risks and controls identification and assessment.
- Knowledge of CIS controls, NIST, ISO 27001/27002 and other applicable control frameworks
- 5+ years' experience in information technology, compliance, legal, data protection/privacy, and/or information security.
- Knowledge of risk analysis and information security
- Knowledge of data privacy and security requirements under NIST, ISO 27001/2, PCI, CIS CSC, RMM and other relevant legislation when appropriate for business.
- A familiarity with:
- SharePoint 2019 and above
- Document audit trails, versioning, and information management
- Experience using the entire Microsoft Office Suite (2019 and newer) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Professional communications skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to collaborate with information security and business leaders to author, socialize and publish cyber and information security policies, standards
- Experience writing executive level briefings, White Papers, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), meeting minutes, and Plans
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Information Security (5 years of experience is required)
- Technical Writer
- Business Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.