One of our Austin clients is looking for an experienced network professional to join the Technology Operations Services Group. The focus will be to provide network support for global infrastructure and support various network projects. Working as part of the Global Networks Team, the successful applicant will work on both Business as Usual (BAU) and upkeep of the network, and contribution to improvement initiatives and major deployment projects. Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant Cisco technical accreditation is desirable. (CCENT, CCNA, CCDNA).
- Experience in maintaining large complex vendor agnostic networks.
- WAN/LAN network experience, including administration and physical installation of routers, switches, wireless, telephony and firewalls.
- Understanding of networking protocols BGP, OSPF, QoS etc.
- Experience of proactively monitoring the availability of an enterprise network and use of monitoring tools (PRTG, SolarWinds are desirable).
- Capable of performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems.
- Experience of clearly documenting systems.
- Understanding of ITIL, including incident management, change management and configuration management.
- Strong adherence to agreed deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Pro-active, attention to detail and self-motivated in meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a global distributed team.
- Vendor & Supplier engagement (Fault logging & Order tracking).
- Firewall experience (Cisco FirePower, ASA & Checkpoint are desirable)
- Remote Access VPN experience (Cisco AnyConnect experience is desirable)
- Network Access Control experience (Cisco ISE experience is desirable)
- Software Defined Data Center experience (Cisco ACI experience is desirable)
- Software Defined WAN experience (Cisco SD WAN experience is desirable)
- Wireless Networking experience (Aruba & Cisco AirOS)
- Experience with issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA) & understanding of Agile Scrum process.
- Experience of working with different infrastructure teams (Networks, Platforms, Linux, Virtualization & Storage)
- Programming/scripting knowledge (Python, Ansible) for network automation.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Work on Network Operational and Projects activities.
- With a breakdown around 70% operation support & 30% project work.
- Monitoring and response to network alerts and incidents, updating known error and workaround database and problem logs.
- Working as part of a global team, in a follow the sun environment. Taking ownership of outstanding incidents at the start of the day and handing over work at the end of the day.
- Making sure monitoring, site documentation and configuration are all accurate and up to date.
- Site resiliency rating and improvement work (identifying and reducing single points of failure)
- Work independently and take ownership of the project and come up with mitigation plan for any challenges and Risks.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Cisco (2 years of experience is required)
- Network Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.