Healthcare IT client in greater Detroit area is looking for an infrastructure and security specific Project Manager. The right candidate will be local to the market here in Michigan, prepared to work on-site. Candidates with ITIL and ITSM, as well as PMP certifications will be considered highly desirable for the role.
location: LIVONIA, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $39.00 - 49.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities: JOB SPECIFIC STANDARDS Essential Functions:
- Manage portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or more lines of business
- Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frames, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Develops project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Formulates and defines technical scope and objectives of projects.
- Follows project methodology as necessary for project completion
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Develops and maintains technical and project documentation.
- Provide team leadership by coaching, motivating and mentoring team Project and fellow PMO team members
- Develops quality assurance test plans and directs quality assurance testing.
- Provide regular status reporting on projects and overall metrics and KPI reporting on portfolio success criteria
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Maintain portfolio dashboard outlining all project initiatives for executive review
- Experience creating, managing and maintaining budgets including recommending changes as needed
- Supports PMO Director in establishing practices, templates, processes, procedures etc. to expand and mature the organization
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- IT Project Manager
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.