Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Software Engineer for a contract role in Seattle, WA. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: SEATTLE, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: Outline of the Role:
Performs development of high-performing, well-tested and thoughtfully architected software applications that satisfy our internal business needs and power guest experiences. Has proven experience in effectively applying scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, & maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions that provide amazing customer experiences. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Requirements:
- Uses algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable client-side or server-side software applications and services.
- Builds?and extends?software applications in varying (cloud,?hybrid cloud, and?on-premise)?environments.
- Ensures?applications are designed to be highly available, observable, and durable via software engineering best practices.
- Works?with?business and systems analysts?to understand end-user requirements and?translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.?
- Works?closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure and resilient.
- Provides DevOps thought leadership in delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of end-users and how they are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
- Collaborates with the engineering teams (onshore and offshore) to deliver on integration projects.
- Engages in ongoing quality and performance improvement to ensure reliability and?security.
- Designs for release and configuration management.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving?production system issues.
· Bachelor's degree in computer?science/engineering or equivalent.
· 6+?years of?software engineering experience.
· Excellent team player, ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Experience in understanding architectural solutions/documentation and implementing them without need for handholding
· Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support development, automated testing, infrastructure and operations
· Strong working experience in design and development of RESTful APIs using Java, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
· Front end framework experience using React or Angular
· Familiarity with streaming platforms
(real-time data at massive scale like Confluent Kafka).
· Experience with AWS cloud
and implementations from a developer's perspective
· Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes
or other container schedulers
· Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL databases
· Understanding of DevOps as well as experience with CI/CD pipelines
· Familiar with the project tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, MS Office, SharePoint, Smartsheet.
· Be well-versed in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
· Experience with big data workflow orchestration engines for ETL jobs, such as Airflow Bonus asks, but not required.
Additional Manager Comments:
- Experience working with PowerBI
- Experience with CBX
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Candidates with the following will be prioritized:
- Industry experience in Retail domain
- Knowledge of microservices architecture patterns
- Familiar with synchronous/asynchronous processing and error handling patterns with spring boot and java
- Experience building web services and integrations with message driven architecture.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Embedded Software Integrationm
- Embedded Software Testing
- Embedded Software Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.