We're a tight, cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, visual designers and writers. We focus on the user, we move fast, we work closely as a team and we help each other out. PM and engineers look up to UX to shape the vision for our projects and own the experience for our customers.
Designer will be working closely with project design leads to support cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across teams at Google. You should be at your best when you're creating excellent work that presents complex concepts simply and elegantly. Qualifications
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (motion, interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy) on technical implementation.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- A degree in relevant field: information design, communication arts, graphic design. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Visual design and graphic design that demonstrates stylistic range and production quality detail.
- Examples of illustrations, data visualizations, and/or animations.
- Experience of web/mobile web design compositions that are considerate of UI visual systems, hierarchy, and usability.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as within team settings.
- Strategic Thinking
- Brand Strategy
- Graphic Design
- Visual Design Design Strategic Thinking Brand Strategy Graphic Design
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Must be proficient with Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets), Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, and have a portfolio which demonstrates a wide range of design styles that are brand appropriate and user-centered.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.