Randstad's client is looking for a Support Engineer
. This position will be responsible for providing Tier III support, troubleshooting, and solutions for the front-line support work groups such as Tech Support, Customer care, Distributors, and internal business units.? The technical Support Engineer will develop a deep understanding of our applications and systems from a software point of view.? In addition, this candidate will also need to have hands on knowledge of all the business process and flows.? Candidate will work closely with the development, SQA, marketing, finance, and operational teams both domestically and internationally.
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $43 - 46 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide Tier III support, troubleshooting, and solutions for the front-line support work groups.
- Develop a deep understanding of our applications and systems
- Work with developers to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Address urgent issues efficiently, quickly isolate the root cause of an issue and provide work arounds as necessary.
- Document frequent issues into work instructions and follow up with customers for knowledge transfer
- Document required bug fixes, end-user feature improvements, and operations feature improvements.
- Document exceptions and fixes for inclusion into roadmap projects or mini-releases, and work with Systems Integration and Development to identify the correct release cycle.
- Provide feedback to product team and recommend training sessions of specific functions and/or processes.
- Work with global customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex software issues, replicating customer environments and network problems as needed.
- Ability to explain technical issues to a variety of audiences.
- Positive attitude and provide exceptional customer service.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior members of the team.
- Participate in UAT and Support Project releases
- Prioritizing Bug fixes and verifying the same
- Training Customer Care , Tech Support and External Partners
- Monthly Quality Metrics
- 6 to 10 years' experience with analysis, process improvement, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL) and ability to write SQL queries to retrieve data to analyze and support production issues.
- Experience with Heroku platform and cloud environments (AWS, Azure) required.
- Experience with Salesforce desired.
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) and Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Splunk and any other application monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Newrelic
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging architecture.
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- strong analytical, problem-solving, collaborative and conceptual skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- strong debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure in production support situations with limited supervision.
- Good team player in versatile environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Technical Support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.