job summary: Project Overview:
The area: User Experience We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow.' We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, and writers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use. The role:
User Experience Research Assistant As a Research Assistant on the Android team, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, mobile products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently. Additional Responsibilities:
- Administer questionnaires and surveys.
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities.
- Assist quantitative user researchers with data cleaning and manipulating data.
- BA degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other field emphasizing human behavior - 6 mo - 1 year experience in a UX Research Assistant position that included conducting in-person lab-based usability research - Interest in general research and/or user research methods - Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects - strong oral and written communication skills - Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools - Google Slides, sheets and docs experience
- M.A./M.S. - Experience or background conducting smartphone research - Understanding of experimental design and descriptive statistics preferred
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions.
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.