job summary: POSITION SUMMARY
Supervises all plant operations to include production, shipping and receiving, maintenance, safety, administration, security and other related areas. Responsible for plant specific KPIs, meeting company objectives and ensuring profitability, on-time delivery, and product quality. POSITION REQUIREMENTS Here is what you will need to qualify...
Here are the competencies we are looking for...
- Education: Some college preferred.
- Experience: 3 - 5 years of Plant Supervisory preferred.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
- Successful with value stream mapping and LEAN manufacturing principles a must.
- Ability to communicate positively and articulately with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a can-do attitude.
- strong problem-solving, consensus building and team development skills.
- Experience in project management techniques.
- Ability to continuously improve performance and profitability in all areas of manufacturing.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, typing and data entry.
- High energy individual with the ability to motivate others regarding healthy behaviors.
location: Topeka, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $73,000 - 83,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serves as a positive role model consistent with corporate culture at all times.
- Manages all aspects of plant operations as indicated in position summary.
- Coordinates plant activities through planning with team leaders, supervisors, engineers and other direct reports to ensure that total manufacturing objectives are accomplished and continuously improving.
- Develops and administers plant budget, while minimizing labor costs, overtime premium, freight, repair and other expenses.
- Provides direction, leadership, and development opportunities to all associates to ensure customer satisfaction and company sustainability.
- Establishes, monitors and improves overall plant performance (KPIs) and profitability.
- Maintains and improves existing plant facilities and equipment within authorized limits.
- Implements and oversees training, preventative maintenance, safety programs, and security
- Incorporates LEAN Manufacturing principles to eliminate waste as well as shop floor organization methods (5S) and ensures plant and company property cleanliness to always be ready for visitors.
- Community minded and involved, as required by our corporate mission statement.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Plant Management
- Plant Supervisor
- Microsoft Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.