As part of the Technical Operations group, we're looking for a Associate Director of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE). You'll have the unique opportunity to drive innovation and instill technical excellence into all aspects of our various Cl oud-based services and platforms. The SRE team is responsible for the overall health and stability different brands' infrastructure and applications, such as TV Everywhere streaming and Direct-to-Consumer products and services. Our SREs shape the entire lifecycle of multi-disciplinary technology initiatives, working closely with Video, Client and Backend Engineering teams, as well as DevOps, and Digital Operations Center teams to proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and jointly bring these initiatives to completion.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Spearhead load testing, capacity planning, proactive monitoring, and performance optimization e?orts
- Engage in service ownership jointly with assigned Engineering teams to ensure adherence to architectural and operational best practices
- Achieve architecture and service-level familiarity with a suite of services comprising CPE platform
- Identify areas of improvement and collaborate across teams on architecture changes
- De?ne and advocate operational process and enforce structure, including documentation, training and runbooks, escalations, RCAs and post-mortems to ensure systems are well understood and work smoothly, and recover gracefully in case of an unexpected failure
- Develop custom and enterprise tools and services to advance internal platforms
- Set an example to challenge other teams to improve operational visibility, advocacy, and communication
- Manage deployment - optimize, monitor, and enhance content and delivery pipelines to enable development teams to release quickly and often
- Own custom and enterprise tools and services supporting internal platforms and initiatives
- Lead day-to-day activities as well as the roadmap of our SRE team
- Build and mentor our SRE team into a cohesive, high-performing, strategic unit - through hands-on execution Set and measure critical engineering KPIs to achieve performance targets
- Enforce a mindset of automating as much as possible to ensure scalability and repeatability of operational processes
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- site reliability engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.