job summary: Summary:
The main function of the User Experience Designer is to work with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces. Skills:
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc.
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles.
- Experience applying a web design standard
- Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML, CSS).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- strong detail orientation, and a passion for consistency.
- Bachelor's degree in human factors/usability or related discipline.
- 8+ years related experience.
- Business Need for this Role:
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
- Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs and documentation.
- Executes business acceptance test cases and testing.
- Works with the project managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, budgets, technical and scope constraints.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of user experience and user-centered design.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.