As a Solution Architect Lead you'll play a key role in driving the technical direction our organization takes with ensuring our products and services align with our technology strategy.
You will lead major initiatives that enables our applications, websites, and documents to be accessible and inclusive. You will be responsible for researching, designing, and leading the implementation of solutions that may span multiple platforms or domains.
You will work closely with your peer Solution Architects, Project Managers, Senior IT and Business Leaders, Enterprise Architects, and Domain Architects and be responsible for ensuring your solutions are aligned with architectures and roadmaps within the platforms and domains you are aligned to, along with the overreaching enterprise architectural direction and enterprise accessibility standards.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $84 - 94 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Works with project teams to plan and implement changes to improve the alignment to WCAG standards. Partners with various stakeholders to review, clarify, and refine the definition of the identified business need(s).
- Works with architects, analysts, and design teams to develop requirements for systems that cross multiple domain areas, identifying and engaging appropriate platforms/domains.
- Designs and recommends more than one feasible solution to the business need (identifying short-term and long-term tradeoffs). Ensures solutions are sustainable.
- Ensures adherence to project/development lifecycle standards in partnership with Project Manager.
- Escalates and helps drive resolution of issues to the appropriate resource or group in a timely manner.
- Evaluates testing approaches, makes recommendations, and implements improvements to integration, acceptance, performance and stress testing, system integration, acceptance, and operability level performance.
- Serves as final reviewer and approver of high-level designs and approaches, and technical decisions for projects.
- Able to work assigned schedule subject to flexible schedule policies and practices.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Proven experience working as a Solution Architect or Technical Solution Owner. TOGAF certification preferred but not required.
- Proven experience leading the deployment of technology solutions that meet WCAG standards and US disability laws.
- Proven experience working with third-party vendor tools and participating in negotiations with third-party vendors.
- Proven experience with deploying sustainable changes within large organizations by leveraging Organizational Change Management (OCM) techniques.
- Extremely strong interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and collaboration skills. Proven ability to function as a servant-leader, build partnerships, and influence others in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience as an Accessibility consultant in a client-facing capacity
- Familiarity with WCAG and US disability laws
- Familiarity with LEAN values, principles, tools, and techniques
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery techniques and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to consider technical decisions as part of a multi-dimensional problem, balancing standards, principles, project management disciplines (cost, time, schedule), team norms (consultation, decision making, communication) and process.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Solution Architect
- Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.