The .Net Developer is a member of a full lifecycle agile development team. Develops custom software applications and databases, implements enhancements to existing systems, troubleshoots application issues, implements integration between applications, and implements and supports Off the Shelf software solutions. Work directly with subject matter experts (SME) and other stakeholders to ensure solutions meet defined requirements. Will be involved, and work in concert with other team members, to analyze, design, implement, and test solutions.
location: ARLINGTON, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Experience
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
- Experience with Scrum, SAFe, DAD, or other agile approach
- Experience with SQL Server design and administration, Azure SQL, and Azure development and deployment.
- Experience with deploying/migrating/refactoring applications to Azure or AWS
- Experience within Azure/AWS cloud environment, familiarity with Azure App Services and cloud services.
- Experience with Microservices architecture based coding.
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS) on any kind of infrastructure (Cloud or on-premises)
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure as code and CI/CD pipeline for deployments of web applications.
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks.
- Support and work alongside cross-functional team on cloud technologies.
- Experience in source code management tools such as JIRA, GIT, and GitLab.
- Fundamental knowledge of software best practices, agile methodologies.
- On call responsibilities in rotation to handle tickets.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Collaborate with other team members and Subject Matter Experts to ensure solutions are implemented according to customer requirements.
- Responsible for full lifecycle application development. Ensures code is written to implement the architecture and design such that it meets standards in terms of code quality and efficiency
- Fully unit test all solutions prior to User Acceptance Testing and implementation.
- Initiate, drive and deliver effective experiences in partnership with distributed cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of the architectural vision are communicated, supported and delivered to the highest standards; align core .NET based platform development initiatives with Department development vision, strategy and deployment
- Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies and methodologies.
- Act in the role of liaison to stakeholders and users at customer locations.
- Knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts
- Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies
- Knowledge of development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Skill with design and administration of Microsoft SQL and other Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including Oracle
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively work as part of a distributed development team
- Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others across varied disciplines
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.