job summary: Position Description
- Software testers to work as part of our Chrome OS Steam launch team, cataloging Steam games, finding defects and testing performance/tracing of individual games.
- Duties include black box testing following existing test plans and self written test plans.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux. Working knowledge of shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of Perl or other scripting language. Knowledge of C/C++, Java or Python a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Someone who has working knowledge of video games.
- Knowledge of scripting (shell, Python), automation.
- We would like to find someone with some scripting experience, so I would prefer someone at least a little bit technical.
- This can translate into 2-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux , no degree required.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Designing new test cases, operating automated test suits, and analyzing defect reports.
- Depending on your skills you might also be involved in more technical aspects of software quality.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.