We are seeking a dedicated and energetic BIM Coordinator to provide leadership and support for the firm's diverse portfolio of work. Responsibilities include advancement of BIM methods, training, and the implementation of digital design standards. The BIM Coordinator works with project teams to outline technology objectives, requirements, and design and documentation approaches. She/He will be knowledgeable and proficient in current and emerging tools and workflows including Autodesk Revit, BIM 360 cloud collaboration, complex 3D modeling, and clash detection. The BIM Coordinator will identify and resolve issues through close interaction with project teams and collaborate on project management with multiple design teams involved with model integration.
location: CHICAGO, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Serve as a project-level champion of BIM quality and execution across all projects in the studio.
- Investigate, evaluate, and develop best practices and project team workflows.
- Lead regular multi-disciplinary project BIM meetings.
- Oversee BIM-related project team inquiries and provide day-to-day support with modelling, documenting and detailing.
- Ensure teams are trained to meet office BIM standards and client requirements over the lifespan of projects.
- Communicate with consultants to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models.
- Manage the implementation of supporting software, custom toolbars, plugins, macros and Dynamo routines for BIM tools.
- Produce technical documentation of existing, new, and alternative workflows and modeling techniques.
- Coordinate and facilitate clash detection, QA/QC, and auditing design models across projects.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops related to Design Technology; communicating lessons learned and disseminating the information to appropriate teams.
- Create and modify project BIM Execution Plan documents and office Revit family library.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.