- Broadly encompassing or highly In-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s). Knowledge of operations, systems and functions, including planning, design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills to effectively train, support, and collaborate productively with clinical users and key stakeholders at all professional and technical levels.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, to convey highly-technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users and staff in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 86 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Leads and / or conducts the planning and implementation of clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems at all levels of complexity and scope. Advises peers or manages improvements in optimization and improved functionality.
- Works on highly-complex initiatives to perform advanced analyses of patient care workflow and processes in various clinical departments, and to plan, develop, and define information technology solutions for improved system integration, functionality, and outcomes. Contributes to new and innovative workflows to improve operational efficiencies.
- Serves as a technical leader, conducting in-depth analysis and documentation of system specifications and identifying process changes as a result of system upgrades and new releases. Leads teams and committees in developing highly-complex project plans, and provides senior staff and management with guidance and recommendations for improvements in quality, efficiency, and functionality.
- Leads the development of new projects at high levels of complexity and broad scope. Functions as a resource to resolve systems analysis and testing issues. Works to resolve technical challenges, as well as interpersonal and / or team performance issues in regards to development.
- Designs and conducts user training in complex clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and / or operating systems with broad scope.
- Troubleshoots complex issues of broad scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and / or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments and outside vendors. Develops, collaborates and implements new functionality, testing, workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
- Coordinates development of new Standard SOP to assist in standardization of routine processes to support the technology used by the business unit. Supports change and innovation.
- Seeks improvements in services. Consults with clinicians, using feedback to improve use of technology for the clinical and business users.
- Plans for and allocates resources. Uses established tools to estimate and document actuals and variance. Provides status updates to the business.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.