Randstad Technologies is partnering with an established non-profit research organization focusing on public policy and we're in search of our next Cybersecurity Operations Manager.
This person will primarily be responsible for leading a team of analysts, engineers, and officers as they identify, pursue, and rid of network threats. Principle concerns include establishing priorities and frameworks, which team will in turn apply their detection, forensic, and recovery processes to. This person will have past experience performing network security and traffic analysis, hunting for malicious network activity and initiating response actions, using a SIEM, be familiar with different types of network security platforms, and understand different types of cyber-attacks and exploitation attempts.
Self-motivated and ambitious leader able to articulate and progress the existing cyber security pathway. Big picture thinker looking to make a lasting impact in a by maturing the cybersecurity program on a global level.
location: Santa Monica, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead team of advanced analysts, engineers, and officers to identify and rid of threats to the network
- Help build out and mature current global security program
- Establish priorities and frameworks for the detections, forensics, and recovery teams to work on
- Lead, guide, monitor, and analyze team strategies.
- Work alongside security policy researchers to advise on internal/external policy agendas
- Participate in Incident Response activities
- Develop audience-aware crafted summaries of security events
- Assist in the development of periodic or ad-hoc security reports providing situational awareness for senior stakeholders
- Provide additional support to the Information Security team as necessary
- Active Secret clearance required - a Top Secret clearance is preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DHS Fitness/Authorization required
- 5 years+ security operations environment with 1 year+ supervisory/lead experience
- Familiarity with the defense industrial base is highly preferred
- Understanding of network security principles, such as, but not limited to, analysis, searching for and identifying amlicious activity, initiating repsonse actions, using a SIEM, different types of network security platforms, different types of cyber-attacks and exploitations attempts
- All aspects of the cyber kill chain and the leading defenses for each stage
- Knowledge of the threat landscape, including Advanced Persistent Threat adversaries
- Ability to differentiate between the types of threats
- Ability to adapt to internal software and hardware tools
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SECURITY ANALYST
- Network Security
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.