Our client in the greater Austin area is seeking a passionate and innovative Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join their Infrastructure Engineering team to bring their expertise and passion for technology to drive innovation and support their strategic vision. This role is a 6 month contract position with potential for hire.
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. Ideal candidates will think big, while earning trust through their desire to learn and be curious, invent and simplify, dive deep, insist on highest standards and work back from the customer. Given the complexity of each launch, it will also be important to be operationally focused- managing many relationships, dependencies, and timelines across critical initiatives.
As a leader you will develop the best engineering talent and bring them together as a team to innovate and deliver. You will define and build secure, reliable, scalable, fast, cost-effective, and easy-to-use products. You'll help set - and will be expected to deliver on - aggressive goals for adoption, operational performance, and feature delivery. Your ability to effectively engage and influence senior-level stakeholders within and outside the immediate organization will be crucial for success in this role.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 87 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Drive the execution of the client vulnerability management technologies including owning the overall roadmap, producing regular status updates, and diving deep to resolve issues as they arise.
- Drive the project management of security initiatives from initial conception through design, testing and delivery to drive security improvements
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders
- Lead cross-functionally to accelerate the development and deployment of new security features
- Acts as a key service or process evangelist and expert for the team.
- Proactively identify and resolve challenges and issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, business, and technical goals
- Evaluate vendor solutions to ensure they meet technology and cloud standards, as well as all applicable architecture considerations.
- Defines and leads in the design of programs that support and align with cloud-based online service strategies and engineering requirements for evolving security services, mechanisms, and safeguards.
- Develops metrics that demonstrate the current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment.
- Engages with development teams during operational security reviews and provides leadership and security design guidance.
- Advanced understanding of client management tools, technologies, and processes.
- Plays a key and influential role working with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- 7+ years designing and managing client solutions including Windows 10, MacOS, MECM/SCCM, and Jamf
- 2+ years of Technical Program Management experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams
- 2+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience leading large security access system upgrades/projects using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related IT work experience in a global information technology environment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- technical program management (2 years of experience is required)
- windows 10 (3 years of experience is required)
- MacOS (3 years of experience is required)
- MECM/SCCM (3 years of experience is required)
- Jamf (3 years of experience is required)
- Designing Client Solutions (5 years of experience is required)
- Managing Client Solutions (5 years of experience is required)
- Analytical thinking
- Metric creation
- Project Management
- SAFe (1 year of experience is required)
- infrastructure deployment
- windows patching
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.