This team is looking for a Software Engineer (Contractor) to join our team of engineers to help create meaningful connections with our customers to promote healthy public conversation.
Our goal is to increase operational efficiency through automation and accelerate the velocity of development, maintenance, and enhancement of tooling and 3rd party integrations.
We emphasize taking ownership of problems and actively collaborating with our customers. We are driven by the understanding that our work supports product quality, user satisfaction, trust, and, ultimately, the health of discourse in the company.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 95 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- 3+ years of experience working on web applications as a software engineer. Bonus points if you have any past work experience in customer service, hospitality, or retail.
- Experience leading significant additions to a full-stack web application using the latest versions of React (e.g. crafting or modifying build processes, adding unit testing libraries, deploying web applications to the internet, etc).
- Familiarity with multiple parts of the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching, security, etc.)
- An understanding of CS concepts including common data structures and algorithms
- A structured approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience designing and implementing REST or GraphQL APIs
- Job history working alongside product managers, designers, quality assurance, and backend engineers.
- Clear and concise written communication. Ideally, experience explaining technical details to non-technical customers.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field or coding bootcamp graduate
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- React (3 years of experience is required)
- nodeJS (3 years of experience is required)
- typescript (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.