Our client in the greater Austin area is seeking an experienced Scrum Master, you will ensure the health of your agile team(s), empower team members, remove impediments, and support progress for software product development. The ideal person for this role must have a firm understanding and practice of servant leadership along with the ability to build healthy, trusted relationships in order to coach individuals/teams in the pursuit of continuous improvement and value delivery. Additionally, this individual should have excellent facilitation skills and the ability to build and foster an environment of commitment, focus, openness, respect, and courage.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 63 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Facilitate your team(s) to practice agile values and principles.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, and best practices in the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ensure your product owner(s) and team(s) are using effective techniques to manage the product backlog and story definitions.
- Participate in a continuous improvement feedback cycle with customers and internal partners.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, planning, and other agile event-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and progress.
- Remove impediments that may obstruct your team(s) progress toward their delivery goals.
- Share information in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Foster open and productive discussions to create better understanding and solutions.
- Resolve conflicts to help your team(s) work cohesively.
- Empower your team members.
- Use coaching skills to motivate your team(s) towards a common goal.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two to four years of experience working on an agile software development team and/or technology project management.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Scrum master certification.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Agile Methodology (2 years of experience is required)
- Scrum Master (2 years of experience is required)
- IT Security (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Cyber Security (2 years of experience is preferred)
- AWS Cloud Architecture (2 years of experience is preferred)
- INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.