Our client is looking to hire a Director of Information Systems. Onsite or Remote is okay. As the Sr. leader of the business applications support team, the Director of Information Systems is responsible for creating the bridge between business and technology. By fostering communication and collaboration with key business stakeholders and other technology teams, the Director will ensure that our business applications are being leveraged as to provide the most value and capability possible.
location: RENO, Nevada
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: What You'll Be Doing
- Effectively demonstrate our passion and purpose as a non-profit organization by "Helping More People Live Greater."
- Provide effective leadership and vision to the business applications support teams, promoting a proactive approach to administering Greater Nevada software applications and tools.
- Develop a deep understanding of business needs and technology capability gaps to support decisions to optimize, replace, or deprecate applications, features and related technology.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for requests for new application capabilities. Examine existing technologies to determine if they can be leveraged to achieve desired outcomes, rather than investing in new.
- Maintain a wide view of deliverables and priorities across projects and initiatives. Supervise, guide, and delegate as needed to ensure resources are allocated to priority items and the critical path is protected.
- Assess and manage unplanned events or situations that impact the business. Prioritize resources required for resolution based on criticality and impact, including collaboration with other teams needed to support resolution.
- As needed, research multiple potential solutions to business needs and conduct events to present findings, educate on solutions and/or build consensus.
- Experience level: Director
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- SQL (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.