Our team is looking for a Software Engineer (Contractor) to join our team of engineers to help create meaningful connections with our customers to promote healthy public conversation.
Our goal is to increase operational efficiency through automation and accelerate the velocity of development, maintenance, and enhancement of tooling and 3rd party integrations.
We emphasize taking ownership of problems and actively collaborating with our customers. We are driven by the understanding that our work supports product quality, user satisfaction, trust, and, ultimately, the health of discourse on the site.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
What you'll need to have:
- You have 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails as a Full Stack Engineer
- Familiar with Postgres, ElasticSearch, Bootstrap, jQuery, Heroku and AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis Data Firehose, Athena), and Github.
- Uphold best practices in software engineering (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field or coding bootcamp graduate
Who you are:
- You have a self-motivated personality - able to own problems and deliver solutions
- You work as part of a team, including engineers in remote offices
- You are motivated to take on unexplored, sophisticated product and technical problems, learn quickly, understand tradeoffs, and communicate a solution
- You are an engaged and thoughtful collaborator, ready to solve challenging problems with your peers and our customers.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Ruby (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.