Sr. Exchange/Messaging Engineer (High)
The Sr. Exchange/Messaging Engineer will be responsible for support of the current On-Premises Exchange, Exchange Online, Email Compliance, and Secure Email services.
· 5+ years experience as an Exchange Engineer/Admin in a large corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
· Advanced understanding of Microsoft Exchange 2016, and Exchange Online in a Hybrid configuration.
· 5+ years with Microsoft technologies in the following areas:
o Exchange migration to O365
o Hybrid Exchange
o Hybrid AD & Azure AD
o Windows 2012/2019
o DNS, IIS, and SMTP required
o Server administration and performance monitoring
· 5+ years managing email security appliances - IronPort experience is a plus.
· Experience in a regulated environment is a plus.
· Understanding network security principals (Firewall, Load Balancing, Proxies, Routing).
· Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with little supervision.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
· Organization skills and the ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
· Recent Office 365 administration experience, including experience with DLP, E-Discovery, and Security and Compliance.
location: Newport Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
· Exchange Online administration/migration.
· IronPort / Mimecast administration and support.
· Email Compliance - Proofpoint, and Enterprise Vault.
· O365 Data loss prevention (DLP) configuration/administration experience.
· Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Active Directory Domain Service (ADDS).
· Advanced PowerShell scripting and deployment proficiency.
· MCSA or MCSE in Windows Server, Azure, and/or Office 365 is a plus.
· Provide Level III support for Exchange Online, Exchange On-Prem, Secure Mail, and Email Compliance workloads.
· Apply experience to identify and proactively respond to highly complex system issues.
· Assist in the resolution of complex issues affecting Cloud and On-Premises technologies. Areas of responsibility include Office 365, AD, Exchange, Teams, Proofpoint, Mimecast, IronPort, Windows Server.
· Perform systems maintenance activities.
· Develop and maintain documentation of environment.
· Analyze current processes and procedures and provide ways to improve.
· Evaluate new technologies and review existing technologies for vendor support and end-of-life information.
· Contribute to the design, implementation, integration, and testing of existing and new messaging technologies.
· Assist team with deployment, operations, and maintenance of messaging infrastructure.
· Manage Office 365 Users, Groups, Shared Mailboxes, Domains, and Retention Policies via shell and GUI Administration.
· Provide technical hardware and software support for Microsoft Exchange and Messaging environment. Address service request and incident tickets submitted by the user population in a Tier III support capacity.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- office365 (5 years of experience is required)
- messaging (5 years of experience is required)
- Exchange (5 years of experience is required)
- migration (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.