One of our Austin clients is looking to add a Sr. Business Analyst to their growing team. This role will act as a business and technology process facilitator within an Agile environment, guides technology solutions through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with a strong emphasis on business process optimization and operational efficiencies. Manages complex assignments, analyzes problems, and generates effective solutions used in software applications. The Senior Business Analyst may serve as the lead role in a delivery engagement and is responsible for producing high quality deliverables and work products, meeting client goals and objectives, and developing solutions to client problems in a timely manner. Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate/ Graduate Degree preferably in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalent years of related experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing technical configuration requirements and/or system engineering
- 5-7 years or experience with structured process improvement methodology
- Previous experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft software: PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Moderate understanding of Microsoft SQL Server required- Ability to create and run SQL queries
- Previous experience working as a Programmer highly desired
- Preferred Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
location: AUSTIN, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Participates in visioning, strategic planning and reengineering of technology related processes.
- Produce system and project documentation including but not limited to: business requirements documents (BRD's), functional specifications, user stories, wire frames/mockups, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, workflows, value stream maps, QFD/House of Quality templates, RACI charts, and other process improvement templates.
- Works to ensure product quality through development of clear, concise acceptance criteria, ensuring that requirements can be tested in quantifiable means, use of acceptance criteria to develop comprehensive test cases, obtaining business approval for the delivery of successfully tested software, and demonstration of the development products to the business and/or facilitation of user acceptance testing.
- Works closely with customers to identify business objectives and needs, provide guidance for strategic planning and software application vision, elicit business requirements, assist in refining business cases, analyze production issues to facilitate resolution, recommend appropriate business process enhancements, encourage customers to own, define, and validate their own requirements, and communicate and translate technology concerns and recommendations as related to the solution.
- Works closely with the technology team to recommend technology solutions to appropriately address business needs, communicate and translate business needs to the technology team as related to the solution, create prototypes or mock-ups of business solutions, and collaborate during the entire SDLC.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance team to identify and validate comprehensive test scenarios for the solution, create test cases to support the test scenarios, collaborate in early testing of solutions and upgrades, coordinate software testing at all levels, and track, report upon, and work with the team to prioritize defects.
- Works with the entire team to develop work item scope, project/product vision and scope, identify and mitigate business and technical risks.
- Acts as a project coordinator to provide feedback to the team- assist in the integration of activities with other teams to ensure successful implementation and support of project/product efforts, and acquire necessary application environments for software development and testing.
- Conduct and lead cost benefit analysis and other ROI/business case templates.
- Assists in defining standards, processes, and tools for the business analysis role.
- Coach and mentor Junior Business Analysts. Fosters teamwork with IT staff through positive communications. Conducts user acceptance testing.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Business Systems Analyst
- Requirement Analyst
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.