We are currently sourcing for a Java Software Engineer to work in the Health Care Group in Durham, NC. Team
The Health Benefits (FHB) Platform team within the Health Care Technology Group (HCG) organization supports the recordkeeping and administration of health benefits (medical, dental and vision plans) and life insurance plans on behalf of corporate clients, their employees and retirees. The technology associates on the FHB Platform team interact with business partners as well as systems partners who have responsibility for client-facing channels such as NetBenefits® and Plan Sponsor WebStation®. The development teams are located across USA and India. This role is based of North Carolina, USA. Team size is 150+ resources across IT and Product. Highly motivated team works completely on Agile Methodology.
The FHB Platform team is looking to fill an interesting and challenging position on its Implementations/development team. As a Software Engineer on the Implementations team, you will partner with Client Services and Operations teams not only to implement new Clients on the FHB Platform but also to improve the efficiency and quality of the entire implementation process. The Expertise We're Looking For
The Skills You Bring
- 3 - 5 years of development experience
- Proven understanding of Rest concepts and developing rest API's using spring boot with tomcat
- Solid grasp of Java 8 capabilities, lambda, streams and functional interfaces, spring modules, including IOC, MVC(Rest), BATCH, Active MQ, spring boot along with other core components like oauth2 and security
- Experience with Jenkins build & code-deployment procedures
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with crafting and executing SQL, UNIX scripts
- Experience with SPLUNK and DataDog
- Exposure to maintaining and crafting Ctrl-M jobs
- Exposure to Cloud/DevOps technologies - Azure
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related fields)
- Thrive in a team environment and tackling new challenges
- Communication with peers and leaders is clear and effective
- Willing and excited to add your voice and opinion to the discussion
- Love to take initiative to seek a problem and get the job done
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Value You Deliver
- Coordinating and leading research into new technologies independently, as part of a team and with the Architecture team to make judgement and recommendations for future releases.
- Contributing to a collaboration environment by actively participating in peer project reviews, code reviews, design reviews and being available to help others when needed.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER
- spring boot
- Java API
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.