We are currently sourcing for a Lead Cloud/DevOps Engineer professional to work in the Corporate Technology group in Westlake, TX. Overview
As a Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer, you will utilize your technical capabilities along with your domain expertise to develop innovative solutions. You have strong competency with AWS/Azure Capabilities, Kubernetes knowledge, Data migration to cloud knowledge, cutting edge CI/CD tools that enable opportunities to scale and automate. The Team
Here at Corporate Technology Group, you will have the opportunity every single day to play a role in execution of critical initiatives, projects and support before the team. The individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers from around the globe.
The successful Candidate for this role will become part of the Center of Excellence for DevOps team working directly on integrating the Corporate Technology Group with cloud providers. Your team will work to identify and create solutions that improve the developer experience for Corporate Technology Group and create autonomy with the goal of making it possible for other developers to succeed in the cloud. You help automate security standard methodologies and directly protect our customers from threats. You work on making our systems scalable, reliable, secure, flexible, automated, and easy to use so that we have a dependable cloud environment. You make Corporate Technology Group faster, safer, and more fun. The Expertise You Have
- 5+ years' experience engineering enterprise-scale, web enabled applications, including:
- Development experience including web applications, APIs, Microservices and testing is a plus.
- Experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes platforms.
- Knowledge about Data migration to cloud and Data lakes
- Knowledge about Snowflake, Bigdata is preferred.
- Must embrace automation and -as code concepts.
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments and applications (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL database management systems is a plus.
- Experience of engineering and continuous integration and delivery CI/CD practices and tools like Jenkins, Pipeline as code, Concourse. Jenkins Core/Harness is a plus.
- strong commitment to delivering quality code through unit, integration, and automation testing.
- Understanding of well architected framework implementation in Enterprises: Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance efficiency and Cost optimization.
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Passionate about learning and implementing new technologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- Superb communication & interpersonal skills.
The Skills You Bring
- MS degree in Computer Science and related software engineer field.
- Experience with DevOps engineering and process automation
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- AWS Certified Developer is a plus.
- Demonstrate understanding and proven track record for cloud-based solutions, continuous integration/deployment, and cloud architecture.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals.
- Desire and aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Aptitude for building modern scalable/resilient architectures.
- Experience in developing IT processes and procedures.
- Previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions.
- Willingness to partner optimally with your technology business partners.
- Commitment to sharing knowledge and providing guidance to less experienced developers in their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
location: Westlake, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Delivering business results and customer value by enabling applications teams to deliver value to customers and understand how to support them.
- Developing a point of view on new and emerging trends to advance solutions that result in efficiencies and shorter time to market.
- Building tools to support cloud enablement with a focus on achieving repeatable processes that streamline on-boarding to the Cloud and thereby accelerating delivery of value.
- Metrics and measurement focused approach in everything that you do
- Experience level:
- Education: Associates
- big data
- data migration
- data lakes
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.