The Global Infrastructure Hosting Leader
will focus on the transformation of our infrastructure hosting capabilities. As we become more service and digitally oriented, a consumable IT model through a hybrid hosting will enable innovation; faster speed to market while reducing tech debt and carbon footprint.
The Leader will simplify, standardize, and automate services across storage, compute, backup, and data protection for on premises and public cloud hosting. They will have overall accountability for Infrastructure Hosting service delivery, which includes defining the services, strategy, target architecture, modernization roadmap, automation, and tooling to support the proliferation of data due from digitally connected workers, devices, and sensors. Scope includes:
- All application hosting and processing.
- All hosting facilities, partners and technologies.
- Data Archiving, storage and recovery.
- Operations continuity strategies, such as Disaster Recovery Procedures and Business Continuity solutions.
Developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing infrastructure hosting services and solutions to ensure security principles, policies, processes, and procedures are embedded across global hosting.
The scope of this position is Global including all businesses, functions, and connections to external partners. The Global Infrastructure Hosting Leader manages vendors from different geographical regions with various financial and legal conditions, level and impact of decision's the occupant needs to make.
This position will partner with internal teams and external service providers to ensure infrastructure hosting architecture patterns are secure, modern, and flexible and accommodate both global and local requirements. This role requires strong collaboration and partnership with internal IT teams and business groups to execute on priorities and fulfill technology, security, audit, and regulatory requirements across a generally fragmented legacy technical landscape.
As Global Infrastructure Hosting Leader, you will report to the VP of Infrastructure, has a team of ~5 directs including Service Delivery Advisor, Data and Business Group Architects and Data Security Analyst. Also includes ~30 indirect reports who provide day to day oversight of infrastructure hosting services and projects. Primary Responsibilities:
- Overall accountability for infrastructure hosting service delivery across the organization. Including security, architecture, and reliability of services for all application hosting and processing.
- Scale implementation of Data Security tools and Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions to protect data.
- Define of a Hosting Strategy that includes on premises, public cloud, and edge solutions for secure, efficient, and flexible data hosting.
- Facilitate the adoption of new technologies and tools to achieve innovative, secure, resilient, and Scalable Software Defined / Infrastructure as Code.
- Lead infrastructure & cloud migration engagements, including cloud migration strategy, application readiness, migration planning, sourcing options, business case and execution coordination.
- Motivate a high-performing organization of geographically distributed team members and set clear priorities to achieve organizational objectives and results.
- Develop automation and orchestration capabilities.
- Implement and standardize Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and service.
Experience / Qualifications Requirements:
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in computer science/Business Administration/Information Technology or related field.
- Desirable: Master's Degree in computer science/Business Administration/Information Technology or related field.
- Ten or more years of experience in IT Infrastructure; Five years of progressive leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to, Windows and Linux operating systems and associated technologies, storage systems, server hardware, monitoring and backup tools, and virtualization platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with client server and cloud computing (private, public, and hybrid).
- Practical knowledge on cloud architecture patterns and on Public Cloud IaaS and PaaS (AWS, Azure), Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Experience developing Cloud-Scale Software using a modern programming language (C#, Java, Python, Go, Node.js, etc.)
- Knowledge of Open Source solutions and Agile software development
- Demonstrated strong leadership capability with experience managing a dynamic team; solid track record for mentoring effective, motivated teams.
- Proven experience defining and establishing infrastructure hosting architectures and services.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing, IT/OT environment.
- Technical experience across security disciplines - infrastructure, networking, etc.
- Global operating model experience, ability to collaborate with diverse global businesses 3rd party managed service commercial constructs.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- Openness to, and the ability to deal with, rapid change in business needs, process and technology.
location: Knoxville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Will have overall accountability for Infrastructure Hosting service delivery, which includes defining the services, strategy, target
The scope of this position is Global including all businesses, functions, and connections to external partners. The Global Infrastructure Hosting Leader manages vendors from different geographical regions with various financial and legal conditions, level and impact of descisions the occpant needs to make. This position will partner with internal teams and external service providers to ensure infrastructure hosting architecture patterns are secure, modern, and flexible and accommodate both global and local requirements.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Global Infrastructure Hosting
- Cloud Architecture
- Infrastructure as Code
- Container Technologies
- AWS Azure
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.