job summary: POSITION OVERVIEW:
We are looking for an intermediate level business analyst with the desire to join a dynamic team developing systems that support business outcomes for our Commercial Lines business units. The position offers the opportunity to partner with business and technology partners. If you love working in a collaborative, innovative and learning environment, then we want to hear from you.
As a member of the team, you are expected to research, collect, prioritize, document, and communicate requirements. You will develop relationships with business partners demonstrating knowledge of the business strategies and objectives. You are detail oriented, a problem solver, have excellent communication and collaboration skills - and can utilize those skills effectively to partner and collaborate to develop requirements.
With your blend of business skills and the development of business analysis skills, you will successfully partner with business units and IT to successfully deliver system's projects.
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Develop business requirements
- Develop relationships with business partners
- Collaborate with business partners, project team members, other IT colleagues, and external vendors to ensure clarity of the business problem, outcome, and scope.
- Understand external industry trends and competitors
- Support the design, testing, and implementation of requirements
- Ensure the application of Business Analysis best practices
- Work independently and partner with team members
- Have an understanding and an ability to apply knowledge of basic systems within Hanover's technology portfolio
- Ability to develop knowledge and apply specialized skills such as: Facilitation and Process Analysis
- 2-5 Years of relevant work experience.
- strong Business Acumen - Knowledge of P&C products preferred ideally with Core Commercial experience and an ability to continuously learn and engage with business partners regarding scope and business value
- strong relationship skills - Ability to effectively collaborate with business & IT partners and to foster strong relationships with them to aid successful project delivery
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills that deliver complete and accurate requirements
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Business Analysis (5 years of experience is preferred)
- wokers compensation (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Requirement Analyst (2 years of experience is preferred)
- process mapping (5 years of experience is preferred)
- requirements gathering (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.