Our client is seeking a Remote Android Developer. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves the start up enviorment.
In this position, you are responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. The primary focus is the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
location: Sparks, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: KEY QUALIFICATIONS
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Designing, building, and maintaining high-performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fixing bugs.
- Helping maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To ensure success, you must have strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, how to deal with different screen sizes, Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices. You must have familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services and familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications. You are well versed with writing both readable and reusable code in Java, Kotlin is a plus.
You enjoy startups and thrive in high-performing yet fluid environments. You can simultaneously support multiple initiatives in various development stages and quickly pivot without losing traction on other projects.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Android (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Android SDK
- Threading (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.