Our Client is seeking a Controller, Spacecraft Operations for a full time, direct hire role. Ideal candidates will have 1-4 years of prior experience, have the ability to opearte spacecraft in accordance with approved procedures and the daily operations plan. Must Continuously monitor spacecraft telemetry and alarm status.
location: MANASSAS, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $54,000.00 - 67,999.96 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Operate spacecraft in accordance with approved procedures and the daily operations plan. Continuously monitor spacecraft telemetry and alarm status. Respond to alarms or anomalous conditions by using good judgment, in particular by applying the process of analyzing anomalous behaviors, identifying the cause, implementing and verifying the appropriate contingency procedure and if necessary by calling for additional support.
- Reliable and accurate execution of spacecraft operating procedures.
- Errors in either of the two above activities can cause irreparable spacecraft damage and loss of corporate revenue through service outages.
- Strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible level of competency to perform all assigned duties and have the awareness to know when to escalate for assistance.
- Support to co-ordinate the availability and use of a diverse worldwide network of operational resources.
- Perform special tests on behalf of engineering by approved procedure.
- Originate spacecraft and equipment anomaly reports. Strive for accuracy in reporting the facts. Maintain the spacecraft operations logbook in a concise and accurate manner.
- Assist in the development of schedules, logs, forms, charts, graphs and other devices designed to provide thorough records of performance. Ensure that all displays for spacecraft operations are kept up-to-date.
- Perform off-line data analysis.
- Maximize transponder availability by effectively communicating operational problems to the Ground Operations and Network Operations personnel regarding ground related issues and spacecraft activities and performance.
- Be able to create the Operations Schedule if instructed to do so (specific MEO SOC).
- Responsible for the operational configuration of the station TT&C support path. Ensure that spacecraft telemetry and command capability is always available. For MEO SOC, manage the TT&C resources to track and command the satellites.
- Manual and Autonomous execution of manoeuvre burn plans (Specific GEO SOC)
- Rotate shifts on 24-hour duty, 7 days per week.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Attend regular training sessions in order to achieve and maintain an accreditation level to perform all required functions. Rehearse on the simulator established nominal and contingency procedures.
- Support the continuous endeavor for improving the safety, performance and efficiency of operations. Feedback on how to enhance the training material.
- Maintain technical proficiency by periodically reviewing procedures and other spacecraft documentation, and by attending dedicated training sessions organized by Coaches.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Highest operational mindset and awareness
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Display an ability and interest to continuously learn
- Ability to work as a team member
- A willingness to be self-critical and learn from mistakes - avoiding hubris
- Acts within his or her circle of competence and knows the boundary
- Effective communicator with good written and oral reporting skills
- This position requires the candidate to access controlled technical data subject to US export control laws.
- Bachelor's degree and 0-4 years of experience or Master's degree and 0-2 years of experience in Aerospace Engineering or similar field (a combination of experience and education will be considered)
- Ability to work on rotating shift schedule including: days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work on call
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.