We are currently seeking a Unified Communications Engineer for a client in the Houston area. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting Unified Communications, on premise and online and should have expert knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Cisco Unified Communications.
This position will be responsible for developing and engineering the UC environment for company going forward, and work with Server, Network and Security Engineers to set a new culture and design for desktop and conference room communications. This person can sit anywhere in the USA but initially will need to travel 25% to visit the different USA sites to enable them to do the rest of their job better.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Cisco Unified Communications.
- Developing and engineering the UC environment for company going forward.
- Work with Server, Network and Security Engineers to set a new culture and design for desktop and conference room communications.
- Be comfortable with communicating with end users.
- Be comfortable working in a highly virtual environment.
- This position will also test and implement new software and/or hardware related to Unified Communications and assist other Engineers and other IT Staff & Management, as directed.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to complete projects or troubleshoot issues, as assigned
- Report weekly status on projects to designated IT management
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Work with Senior Systems Administrators/Engineers and any required 3rd parties to troubleshoot issues
- Follow all Change Management Policies and Procedures
- 5 years' experience supporting Unified Communications
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Zoom
- Experience with Windows Server
- Experience with Patching
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience with Azure
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Microsoft Teams (5 years of experience is required)
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Windows Server experience (5 years of experience is required)
- Office 365 Experience (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.