job summary: Position Description
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. Skill/Experience/Education
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics). Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency.
Desired Nice to Have Requirements
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years or experience
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, surveys.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
location: MOUNTAIN VIEW, California
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.