job summary: Description:
- Drive the optimization of technology operations though system/services performance monitoring, data and analytics.
- Oversee and execute monitoring of normal operation (performance, usage and trends) of assigned business as usual (BAU) environments, technical assets and/or services to ensure established service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Design, implement and champion monitoring tools/reports to ensure accurate and thorough monitoring, identify exceptional conditions and recommend opportunities for improvement.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $36.12 - 41.12 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Additional Job Details: Qualifications/Eligibility:
- Provide technical and procedural direction to more junior members of the team.
- With thorough understanding of technology assets/environments/services, business needs and SLAs, lead the creation, revision and implementation of monitoring tools, processes and reports.
- Regularly review and identify process improvement opportunities and implement changes in collaboration with process owner and other technology functions.
- Champion and provide oversight to ensure adherence to established processes, tools and methodologies.
- Engage in establishment of environment and technical asset and service availability, reliability and maintainability requirements.
- Review physical and logical configuration plans and provide feedback to applicable technical operations/services team to address gaps or opportunities.
- Review availability information and identify developing issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure effective hand-offs with appropriate technology function(s).
- Provide input into and drive availability improvement plans.
- Lead (with Process Owner) the definition and creation of data collection/tracking tools and methods and standardized reports to understand and optimize technology systems and/or services.
- Execute and/or lead the use of a variety of techniques and systems to collect and understand performance data, design and implement reporting templates and dashboards to convey trends, consumption, and performance, and monitor compliance with SLAs.
- Manage ad hoc reporting needs and requests.
- Monitor assigned environments, technical assets and/or services for behavior or performance outside of standards or SLAs. Identify potential cause and evaluate impact on infrastructure, delivery or services.
- Determine appropriate next steps (e.g. closer monitoring, further review or immediate action).
- Alert appropriate team (per process) when a threshold has been reached or a change/failure has occurred.
- Provide advice and guidance to others in monitoring and analysis of assets, systems and services.
- Provide oversight, technical direction, and expertise to the operations support teams as it relates to data analysis, monitoring tools and processes, and event detection.
- Provide shift leadership (on a rotation basis) to support the service desk ? staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ? for event management, detection and incident escalation.
- Influence and lead cross-functional teams comprised of internal and vendor resources to champion processes and drive service improvement initiatives.
- Provide oversight and serve as escalation point for approval on exceptions/emergency changes to established process and policy.
- Escalate for additional approval as required.
- Ensure that all pertinent process steps are completed.
- Document concerns and findings, collecting all pertinent data (to include comparison of exception data and normal data). Ensure incident/event tracking tools are current (per established guidelines and procedures).
- Review, improve and champion the accuracy and maintenance of knowledge base content and known error database.
- May be responsible for or participate in ensuring operational charges align with budget and/or vendor contracts (e.g.monthly invoices).
- 2 - 3 years of professional experience in administration, configuration & support of Windows Server 2012/Windows Server 2016 platform
- Candidate should have worked in Windows/VMware Production Support at Level 2 (L2)
- Should have adequate exposure & proficiency in managing VMware vSphere 6.x environment (clusters/farms).
- Candidate must preferably be from Production Support background having managed infrastructure hosted across diverse geographies.
- Should be familiar with activities like Patching, Upgrades, Migration, Refresh, etc.
- Should have ample exposure to IT environments governed by ITIL framework.
- Change, Incident (RCA) & Problem Management-related activities should be component of candidate's
- Should have adequate experience & skill in manage AWS Cloud Environments & Hybrid Environment (Training/Certification on AWS SysOps Track would be an advantage).
- This person will work on Windows 2012 upgarde project.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.