Our client is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer III for a 6 month REMOTE contract to hire opportunity.
The Software Engineer will work as a mid-senior level member of a software development team, responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications. In this role, the Software Engineer will work under the supervision of Technical Team lead or Senior Engineer. As a member of the team, the Software Engineer will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
location: Rancho Cordova, California
job type: Contract
salary: $43.96 - 55.82 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Architect moderate to advanced system solutions, solicit and incorporate inputs from technical and operational teams and document for consumption of development and testing teams.
- Develop advanced software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer.
- Fix defects in the home grown applications or third party software according to written and oral specifications.
- Create scripts to create and modify database objects.
- Work on deliverables, such data analysis, client report requests etc. with minimal inputs and guidance from Development Manager or senior developers.
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
- Works to understand the business processes and develop unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes. Provide expert advice to the testing team to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents etc.
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
- Experience level:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Java (5 years of experience is required)
- SQL (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.